1. Disconnect negative battery terminal and move out of way.
2. Drain cooling system.
3. Remove cooling fan.
4. Loosen four water pump pulley bolts.
5. Loosen accessory drive belt tension and remove drive belts.
6. Remove water pump pulley.
7. Remove alternator adjusting arm and brace from throttle body.
8. Remove heater hose from pump.
9. Rotate belt adjuster out of way.
10. Remove 11 water pump-to-engine attaching bolts. Note bolt location.
11. Remove pump assembly. Discard old gasket.
thats from Alldata, i've never done it on a ranger personally. maybe someone else has some better/other advice. hope this helps
2003 Edge 3.0 Manual. 30x9.5x15 Cooper Discoverer AT3's, Black Headlights, black painted grill. more to come soon