Stupid Squealing Noise Won't Go Away!
Truck: 98 3.0L 4x4 with Air Conditioning
I have a problem with my belt and pulley system squealing. I have tried the following:
1. Replaced Crank Shaft, Alternator, and Water Pump Pulleys with Underdog Pulleys
2. Replaced belt with appropriate length Gator Back Belt
3. Replaced Tensioner Pulley and Bearing
4. Replaced Idler Pulley and Bearing
1. The squealing noise level and frequency changes with engine RPM
2. The squealing noise is not present when the belt is removed
It obviously is not effecting how the truck performs, however, it is very annoying. Does anyone have any idea what it might be and more importantly how I can diagnose what it is?
I had an idea to attach a pulley to my electric drill and then run a belt between that pulley and each pulley on my truck separately to identify the squealing pulley. Do you think that would work?