I had to shave down the tool I purchased today, I lost the other tool.
Then as I was switching from one line that I was having difficulty with, never got a full click and it would not pull off, I started on the other side, and no sooner did I get that side to click, the other side shot off, (PRESSURE WAS RELEASED at valve), and started squirting gasoline right into my face. ( I wasn't prepared for gasoline from that direction.)
So, my bum left ankle, and bum right knee carried me as fast as they could to the hose about 10 yards away. Luckily, I've had gas in my eyes before, and had worse.
Remember how I had an O2 sensor going off now and again, primarily on empty or low tanks?
I think I figured it out.
The brown on the bleach white towel is nothing but gasoline from the fuel filter, after it's been through the filter.
Rusty gasoline going straight into my engine.
Hose PRIOR to cleaning.
I cleaned up the hose, it had a little staining, but the rust was gone. Tested it out and connected everything back up.
Two minutes after starting the engine back up, (I did not disco the battery terminal, yell at me all you want, the fuel pump was discoed, etc.) The check engine light turned off, and I ran it around rough, and hit as many bumps as possible, and then idled it for 20mins as I cleaned up, and still no CEL. We will see, but maybe, just maybe, that weird O2 sensor reading was from the contaminated gasoline.