O2 sensors and Hydrogen
At work we are running a project for "HOD" (Hydrogen On Demand) and its comming together rather well. My questions are:
1. Introducing H2/O2 (Browns Gas) into the intake, how will this effect O2 sensor signal ? H2/O2 amounts will be quite small +- 1 liter H2/O2 gas (atmospheric pressure) per minute. It is to "aid" normal fuel and reduce energy required from regular fuel.
2. How must the O2 sensor output be adjusted to compensate for air:fuel mix changes ? We are assuming here that the ratio MIGHT change with so little H2/O2 introduced.
3. Does anyone know the O2 sensor part number etc. off-hand, is it Bosch or Motorcraft etc. ?
4. Would you suggest I change the O2 sensors out to new before starting the test runs ?
5. Are the sensors high up close to the exhaust manifold flanges or lower down from there ? Does any body have a picture of its position in the engine compartment ?
Thanks for any assistance