My last Ranger was a '93 3.0L auto, 4x4. When I bought it, it had 55K on it, when I sold it 5 years later it had 189K.
1) Strarter - Replaced 3 times ( all were packed with mud after wheelin')
2) Alternator - Replaced twice - once at 90K, once at 165K
3) Auto Hubs - Grenaded at 175K (didn't replace)
4) Driveshaft - Busted at 145K (I have NO idea why that broke)
5) Water Pump - Replaced 5 times (DON'T buy cheesy Auto Zone Water pumps, but the last time me and a buddy changed it in under 25 mins
6) Coolant Issue - 180K (Would randomly expel large amounts of coolant from somewhere at inopertune times - never found the problem, never fixed it)
7) Exhaust - Replaced twice, once at 95K then again at 155K
8) Transmission - started to slip badly at 115K then fixed itself, Went the way of the Dodo bird at 138K, rebuilt it and it shifted strong 'til I got rid of the truck.
Even though I had all of these problems I still think it's one of the best running trucks I've ever had. I beat the snot out of it regularly (Wheelin' pizza delivery, jumping, etc) and it would never die. It was also cheap and easy to fix.