Excellent, atleast it runs! Thats a step in the right direction. Bob is gonna be more help then I am on the cam sensor wiring and whatnot. Attaboy for getting it running.
Thanks bud. Still workin on it. Got the e-fan wired in tonight, Out of truck funds for now though. Got some stuff I can do in the meantime. Want to get the trans hung and get the clutch bled this week/weekend.
Cool deal Bob. I talked with my tuner and he said to keep the injectors and see what happens. Sounded like he had been down this road before and it worked out. So I'll be hitting the junkyard again in a couple weekends and I'll grab the fuel rail and cmp sensor parts.
I already talked to Benjy and he said he had an alignment tool that I could borrow, so no worries there.
Got the transmission tossed in tonight. Went pretty smooth, Had to modify the stock crossmember a little. Bringing the shifter with me to work tomorrow to bend it back a little...it hits the dash because it is so far forward.
I went to bleed the clutch and as soon as the system got some pressure, it lost all the brake fluid. It is coming out of the connection at the master cylinder,,,If you recall I am using a 1980 f-150 clutch system with a ranger master cylinder. The connection seemed fine when I originally made it, but apparently it isn't. Would this be because of the mixing of year models, or something else possibly defective...
Well she is almost ready to go. I went ahead and put an NP208 Transfer Case that i had in my pile of parts on it and I'll build a doubler out of an NP203 and a 205 that I already have and put that in later down the road. Got some new pulleys for the motor today, I'll put those on this week. Also bought some hose for radiator hose and will work on that this week. Need to bleed the clutch. Maybe by the end of this weekend she'll be ready for a maiden voyage, (with open manifolds).
Trying to finish things up. Coolant temp sensor isn't reading, it's a new sensor and it is grounded. Going to try swapping in a new one this weekend. Exhaust will be done in a couple weeks. 2 2-1/4"s back to a magnaflow. 3" outlet to a turn down at the rear bumper.
I need to keep you guys updated better. She drives. Still no exhaust. Building a flat bed for it now. And I bought some 1 ton axles for it. So as of now, clutch wont bleed out quite enough. Going to a wildwood setup. Should be much nicer. Puttin the correct cps in this weekend. The flat bed is going to hold the fuel cell and ill be running all an lines and fitting for the fuel system.
I wish I was driving a metro. I got a '00 durango when I started the swap. It gets me from a to b. I don't get on here much at all anymore. Latest updates aren't much. Still building flat bed. I think I have a fix for the clutch besides sswitching to a wilwood setup. Doesn't look like the master is getting pushed in far enough. Will take a better look at it this weekend and see if I can't fix it. The flat bed should really start moving next weekend. Got a order of tube coming so I should be set.
Update: Everything is going good. I have since torn the truck down, swapped in a 10.25 rear end and am building an entirely new fuel system now. Front dana 60 will be going in soon also. I have a cell going behind the cab, btwn the frame rails. Vortech t-rex pump and summit's twist tite fuel lines. It's becoming more of a crawler now. I dont have any pics on this computer at work, but next time im on r-f i'll be sure to post some.