I havnt been on much and i dont know how many of you know whats going on with my truck. So i decided id make a post of some of the progress. I blew up the 3.0 and decided i was taking the step to the 5.0.
A mechanic friend of my Dad (mike), is helping with the swap as a side project of sorts letting me use all the shop lifts, tools etc. I was planning on doing it at home but it woulda been a pain with my shedule and lack of cherry picker good air tools, lift etc. As of now the stock is all out and the 5.0 is being put in, and should hopefully be done the end of this week, if we get to work on it a good amount. here are some details/plans...
- Complete 5.0 and trany from a 99 explorer
- T-case from and expedition
- MAC intake
- MSD plug wires
- Baumann shift kit
- 2.5" Y-pipe to 2.5" flowy 40 series SIDO
- TM headers soon..waiting a month or so, or might use the ole tax return :)
(Ive got cast now..but they are alot better than the stainless Tubular ones)
- Mild Comp cam sometime this summer as well, and then im done for modding it besides a tune
Here are a few pics for now...
The tag is on the mirror because it was in to inspect the damage of the 3.0