It is the Legacy unit, however, I think that second one that is posted is the same thing with a different brand with less output. Legacy is manufactured by Pyle.
It does play CDs, DVDs, MP3, has a TV (bad recp). Specs listed below....
As for in progress pictures, I didn't take any. I ended up using a straight router bit with a bearing in my cordless drill. The bearing kept the cut nice and flush/even. I cut from the back of the trim.
On the bottom side there was a lower section in the middle which I left intact, I only removed the right and left sections of the bottom and the entire top. No need to cut the left and right sides. That seemed to give it the exact tight doublie din fit. I have not re-painted it but I was thinking about it. I nabbed this pic from ebay: (I removed where it is highlighted in red.)
I like the unit and I know you get what you pay for. I'm certainly not dropping $1000-$1200 for a better brand name.
I drove from boston to providence last night and it's clear it will take some time to get use to the remote. It's kinda like getting a new TV at home, you have to get use to the button location on the remote. But in this case you're not piloting a sofa.
• 6.2” TFT Color LCD Screen
• DVD/ VCD/ DVD-R/ CD-RW/ CD/ MP3/ MP4/ JPEG/ DIVX
• MMC/ SD/ USB Card Reader
• TV Tuner/ AM/ FM/ MPX PLL Synthesized Tuning System
• Electronic On-Screen Audio control (Bass/Treble/ Volume/ Balance/ Fader)
• Clock/ NTSC/ PAL Auto Switchable
• 1 Audio Video Line RCA Output
• Local/ DX Selector
• Mono/ Stereo Selector
• Digital Anti-Shock (ESP)
• 4 x 60 Watt Max High Power Output
• 1 Audio Video RCA Line Input
• Full Function Wireless Remote Control
• Last Scene Memory
• Preset Memory Scan
• ISO Mount
• Dimensions: 3.93” (H) X 7”(W) X 6.88”(D)