Help With Installing New Stereo
Hey, Carl here. I recently bought a foreign no-name all in one (stereo/dvd/bluetooth/gps/ipod)on E-Bay and have a run onto some problems. I think I made a huge mistake when I cut the wiring harness wire by wire. I though I was all set when I rewired all the wires to the harness that came with the new stereo.I hooked i up, nd it came to life. Score.But then I put the bezel back in,taped up my connections and munted the stereo semi permanent an wouldn't you know it, it hasn't worked since. Here are my questions:
1) I wired from the Ranger wires to the new stereo harness according to page 2 of this PDF, except that Black and Pink wire isblack and yellow in my truck. Is this the right schematic? I think the speakers are all wired coretly, but if I have speaker wires mismatched, it wouldn't keep the unit from powerng on, right? It's the power wires that are confusing me.
2) Is it too late for me to use an install kt or a wiring adaptor? I would need a new ford harness and would have to rewire it. Is his feasible? I assume I could get these things at any auto parts store?
3) Along with a wiring harness, the new unit came with several wires poking out the back.
Can anyone tell me what these are for? There's already a ground included in the wiring harness.
4) Can someone tell me how to bypass the No DVD unless the Parking Brae is engaged so that my daughter can watch DVDs?
5) Can soneone tell me how to wire the backup camera so that it turns on when I put it in reverse?
Any help wuld be greatly appreciated.