Thanks for all the replys guys.
Here is what I found out via just messin with it.
I cut the wire insulation back and soldered on a 4 ft small copper wire.
Spread the two apart in the hull. This was very hit and miss for stations about 30+ miles away. I could drape the wires over the side and the signals were strong. Bring them back inside and it was just inconsistant.
Well, I just figured it is what it is and was trying to attach the wires to something up under the deck. Low and behold I touched the wire to a windshield stud and *HELLO*! It got just as good if not better than hanging wire over the side.
Even my wife made a comment (w/o knowing I did this) about how many stations we can now get.
Sometimes ya just learn more by doing....