there should be a jack on the radio and a jack on the back of the head unit on your truck. Simply connect the two together with a cable, which, knowing them, probably wasnt included. Or....if your radio came with a FM transmitter, just sync the radio to the station selected on your FM radio
I think if you go to a install shop, like most best buys. Ask them if the have the hardwire kits, and if they do just buy it and install it yourself. Any car audio install shop that carries sirus should have them.
Man i love my SIRIUS....have had it since day one. I bought the lifetime subscription, which is no longer offered. SIRIUS and XM are merging here shortly. Some channels are going to dissapear and some wont. Some channels that XM has that SIRIUS doesn't will be added to the SIRIUS lineup here shortly. They aren't going to double up the music channels too much, but some of the CELEBRITY channels will be added and some talk channels here and there. I prefer SIRIUS only because of Howard Stern, Nascar(now), plus some other music channels and such. OH AND THE FACT THAT YOU CAN GO COAST TO COAST AND LISTEN TO THE SAME STATION!!!
I have this deck
With this Satellite tuner that is controlled by the deck
And this iPod interface that plugs into the Satellite tuner that lets me control the iPod with the deck
i tried the Sportster Replay for a while but sick of seeing the thing, so i found the tuner and the iPod interface on ebay. Much cleaner and easier.
Red 02 XLT Ext. Cab Flareside
Stealin all the charity change from restaurants to
fix up my truck!!! 93% of women ********** in the shower...the other 7% sing....do you know what song they sing??? No?? you must be part of the 93%....best pick up line ever!!!
Originally Posted by shadyluke
If it isn't screaming and bleeding your taking it too easy.
I got Sirius on a Starmate reciever, I love it. I bought a 3-year term with all the channels and it's awesome, I mainly listen to Octane (ch 20), New Country (ch 60) and if I feel like turning the bass up and treble down, HipHop Nation (ch 40). it cost me about $70 for the reciever and $370 for the 3-year term and signup fee, IMO it is worth it.
With the coming/present merger of the two, I (along with everyone else) can only wonder what will happen to service/support/channels, etc. What would worry me most is the reason WHY the merger is taking place and that is because both companies are LOSING MONEY. Not a good sign in my book. If both companies are in the same boat and a merger is made, then one of two things is likely to happen:
a> Through some miracle of advertising and new customer recruitment (not to mention a massive lay-off to 'cut the fat'), the two companies will actually succeed and turn a profit allowing service to be continued.
b> they will continue to lose money (more likely) and the services etc. will all just stop.
I'm sure that both services are great in their own way, but I have never been a huge fan of radio. The most I listen to is NPR and the Philips Phile(and that's only when the wife and I are traveling to competitions or practice.) If I was pondering signing up for either service, I would sit back and watch what this merger brings be it good or bad and then decide from there.
My own personal choice was to install a stereo with RCA inputs and plug in my NW-HD3 Sony 20gig walkman and then allow the freedom of choice to fit my music mood. I just couldn't bring myself (stand to) buy an ipod. (I don't want to be like everyone else.... besides, the HD3 has better sq anyway.)
Just my $0.02 (plus a little extra on the side...)
Originally Posted by Bigwill41
i had sirius for a while how, i like it..
the Playboy channel is great.. LOL
What, do they describe the chick or something? I can just see (hear) it now...
"This chick, she's got this really big set of 'headlights' and she's got 'em pointing right at the camera..."
(and the number of road accidents continues to rise...)
I live in my own little world, but it's ok.....
they know me here.
-2000 XLT Super Cab 4D 4.0 OHV 5-speed Hidden Sub 'Mod'
Maybe I'm just cheap. I just can't justify $13 a month for something I get for free.....Cable TV used that same hook many years ago. They advertised 65 channels and no commercials. It only cost $10 a month. Sound familiar?
Now that you say it, I do remember that! It was back in 82 and they certianly did use that same "hook".
They started out with no commercials.. then one or two here and there from
"special sonsors" with "special messages". Here it is 25 years later and it's a joke. You now watch one channel and see commercials for *other* channels.
btw: You guys that use comcast for TV and have internet. If your willing to settle for basic cable.. you might be supprised at what incentives they will throw at you to "stay" hooked up with TV.
He who is enslaved to the compass is free to sail the seas