Ok guys, last Saturday, went to my buddy's house to wash and detail his 97 Cobra Vert. It had been sitting since May 10' awaiting a new tranny. he finally got one and his car needed a detailing BAD! His paint literally felt like fine grit sand paper. If you rubbed your finger across the paint, it sounded like it too.
I ran into a few problems that I could not do some of the things I would have liked to do, so before you say anything, let me explain. This guy lives on a dirt road, so I did NOT shine the wheels. It would have looked like crap with one drive over the road. Secondly, the carpet. I didnt have anything in my arsenal of products to tackle his carpet, its was pretty bad. other than that, the car turned out great! The paint is NICE and smooth! I had to throw my clay bar away after getting done with this car!
- Rinsed the car extremely well
- hand washed twice (changed out water in bucket)
- rinsed again really well
- pulled into basement (it started to rain)
- dried really well with microfiber towels.
- Claybarred with Meguiar's Clay Bar kit (you wouldnt believe the stuf that came off of his paint)
Next we used the Meguiar's 3-Step Deep Crystal System to prepare paint.
- used Meguiar's Paint Cleaner on every pody Panel using Microfiber applicator
- Used Meguiar's Paint Polish on every body panle using Microfiber applicator
- Used Meguiar's Cleaner Carnauba Wax
- Used Meguiar's NXT 2.0 Liquid Wax
(To clarify, we handed every panel of the car at a time. We started on hood and used all the above products, thenmoved to the next panel)
After we did the whole exterior I wiped down all the exterior plastic with Meguiar's Natural Shine interior shine.
Then we tackled the interior which consisted of
- wiping all interior panels down with degreaser cleaner
- vacuuming with shopvac
- shining with Meguiar's Natural Shine interior shine
we finished everything by cleaning the glass with Invisible glass cleaner and giving the car a final wipedown with a soft Microfiber Towel.
Sorry no before pics
These pics were taken the evening of:
The next day in sunlight:
I was not really prepared in the taking pics department. My camera is at home, I have better pics on it ill get up. The ones with the date are his pics.