$950 worth of trouble
so about a month and a half ago the X started giving me problems, I had the clutch done(which isn't included in the $950) and it still gave me problems getting into gear so i changed the fluid, came out burnt and replaced it with dex/merc III and I didn't make it home later that week.
I tore down the transmission in school and my teacher told me it needed syncronizers so I had them on order with blocking rings and a few peices for the shifter slop. that was $670. then i needed a bearing...92 dollar bearing.
today when I got to school started taking apart the output shaft to replace the syncro....and when I got to the one for 1st and 2nd there were some shavings, figured it was from the bad syncro and took it off and SURPRISE!!! 2nd gear is toasted, bearing was non-existent and its missing a chunk and has a few cracks....and the output shaft was okay-ish with some rubbing to the journal, I cleaned some of it up already, still working it...the gear is 150 bucks which brings us to 950, and I haven't gotten the fluid and cleaners factored in yet.
pics to follow after a parts store run
1970 mustang 302, lunati cam, HEI distributor, edelbrock performer 289 intake, edelbrock 1407 carb
1998 mustang gt 4.6, CAI, thrush welded, 2 12's and 1000 watts