Ok, so I'm about to RCD my 99 4x4 and I want to improve the off-road capabilities while I'm at it, specifically the diff/axle(?). Here's what I've got at the moment:
7.5 open rear w/4.10 gears (all stock)
Stock open D35 w/4.10 in front
Here's some options that I've thought of:
1) Leave the rear axle alone. Get an Aussie for the front and a lock-rite or no-slip for the rear (since those are my only options for the 7.5).
2) Replace the rear axle/housing with an 8.8, 31 spline, 4.10, L/S (prefer a torsen), and aussie lock the front.
3) Just Aussie the front.
4) Just replace the rear in option 2.
5) Just lock-rite or no-slip the rear.
6) Replace the rear w/an open diff 8.8 and Aussie it and/or the front.
That's what I've come up with so far. What do you guys think would be the best option? Is there another option that you think would be better? I'm completely open to suggestions on this. Please keep in mind, (before you tell me to SAS and then lock it) I am on a budget.
I'm looking for the best "bang for the buck" here.
Thanks Guys (and Gals)