I've searched around but can't find any basic questions on regearing. A few questions were answered with the search, but not all.
- What exactly is involved?
- Would re-gearing from 3.55 to 4.10 be easy for the dealership to discover? And would it be an easy "this is an aftermarket part.... warranty void" ?
- How much would it cost for someone to do this? I remember the dealership quoted me $1,200 to upgrade to a 3.73 LS
Since I have my own thread I might as well ask the same kind of question everyone else does....
I want to run 32" tires, I want gears that will benefit the mileage and not kill my truck (EG: making other parts work too hard).
Also, if I wanted to get an LS or Locker would this be a prime time to get it done (in regards to cost/time saving) or would it not be that big of a savings?
Quick summary of facts:
- I have a 3.55 open
- I have a stock 2WD edge/sports
- I want to run 32" BFG A/T tires.
- I wont be doing the work myself.