Front End Problem - Help pls
- 1994 B4000
- D35 front end
- Manual hubs
- all front ujoints less than a year old
- ball joints less than a year old
- 33x12.5" mud tires
So I am driving along tonight at normal speed, about 35 mph, on a normal road. Without cause (ie: no bumps or anything) a loud rubbing noise starts from my front end. I pull over immediately to check it out.
I have recently installed the suspension, so my first thought it something came loose. But I checked everything while on the side of the road & everything was tight.
I made sure 4x was disengaged & the hubs unlocked - they were. It gets louder/softer dependent upon the speed, and its coming from the front end. So the only thing I can think of are the wheel bearings. Does this make sense? I odnt know much about how they act when they go out, but I thought they squealed. No squealing here - its a rubbing/humming.
It seems to have come a bit out of alignment; the camber is now a little like /---\. I am running 6" dropbrackets with 6" springs & 2" spacers. The camber is not bad though, at all.
It is running beautifully otherwise. It tracks straight, turns easily. Handles bumps like a charm without any clunks or anything.
What are your thoughts on what it could be?
TTB 4" Lift Kit For Sale
- 1994 Mazda B4000
- 4.0L OHV w/ Fram Airhog, full synthetic, 5sp, new 4x4! w/manual hubs
- Tractor Supply Toolbox
- Sony 52x4 MP3 HU, Kicker 6x8's in the front, Pioneer 6x8's in the rear
- Cobra CB Radio w/60W PA
- (Mostly Skyjacker) Suspension 8ish" Susp Lift
- 33x12.5x15 BFG M/T's on 15x10 Black AR Rock Crawlers
- A little Mossy Oak interior
- Many more mods to come
- Regeared to 4.56's
- LS rear
- 1piece rear DS