Alright well last week when i finally got my front diff done it was ready to go back in. But not just yet. I got probably one the best ideas/mods to do for the d35. What I did was cut out the hump from the ttb and then cut a ring of 1/4" steel and welded the hump to the ring, therefore now having a differential cover for the front end. I also put studs in pumpkin so that when u pull the diff cover off it will stay there and not fall out. So now if you ever want to do any work on the front diff all you gotta do is pop the cover off! Plus I also made a lil diff guard with the left 1/4" plate.
This is the hole that was left.
Hole from the other side.
This is the hump and 1/4" plate I used and welded together to make the cover.
The welds up close.
The back of the cover. When everything went back I made sure to clean all the parts in varsol to get all the metal chips out.
The diff with the new gears.
The new diff guard I made.
The diff guard and cover installed. OK note to everyone NEVER use paint that says "FAST DRY" cause it takes literally twice as long as the regular paint, you'll see what I mean in the next picture.
Stupid paint running cause it wasnt dry! The black paint dried faster and I sprayed them at the same time.