It's been nice the past couple of days, so I started on my "Winter Project '11-'12". I picked-up a PowerDome hood from an '02 last week and I'm modding it to fit my '04. Pictures aren't great--silver hood + flash = fail.
Front edge layout:
I pulled my grille and used it and my stock hood as patterns for the layout, with lots of detailed measurements and double-checks. Blue tape is rough cut, green tape is final edge.
Brown stuff is some fiberglass jelly filler for some road rash.
Back edge opened-up for a cowl induction look:
I'll probably cut a trim piece with some mesh to finish-off the scoop a bit.
So far I'm pretty happy with the progress-I've still got to do some "clearancing" on the underside near the front edge to fit around the raised header panel of the '04.
Please--comments and suggestions.