Matt, there's no need for a write up, it's simple.
What you'll need: Plastx, wet sanding 1000 grit paper, paper towels, glass cleaner, water
1. Pour a small amount of water onto the damaged plastic and onto the sand paper
2. Sand down the damaged plastic in a circular pattern
-Add more water from time to time so that the plastic is always lubricated
3. Once the deep scratches look to be gone, clean off the plastic with glass cleaner and paper towels
4. Apply some Plastx to a paper towel and buff out scratches in plastic
5. Remove excess with paper towel
6. Repeat process for any other damaged plastic
(Optional) Thank winks for saving you money and send a donation of half the amount you were going to spend on new lights to his paypal account.