What's this part called? - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource
Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiast!

Go Back   Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource Arrow Ranger-Forums Semi-Technical Forum Arrow Exterior Semi-Tech

Exterior Semi-Tech General discussion of exterior for the Ford Ranger.
Sponsored by CARiD
Click Here

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-01-2009
Thread Starter

I am: Ted Gifford
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Robins, IA
Vehicle: 2000 Ford Ranger XLT
Posts: 19
Total Props: 0
What's this part called?

My son has a 2000 ranger. On the drivers side behind the front wheel. Is a flat piece of rubber to cover the opening between the wheel into the engine bay area. It mounts onto several buttons on the inner fender well. His is torn. What is the name of that specific piece? I am trying to find a replacement piece online. Is it a splash guard or is that somehting else? Thanks.
Reply With Quote
+ 0 -
Old 10-01-2009
FoMoCoFiddy's Avatar
I am: Leo Tre
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Smackdownville Tx
Vehicle: 1987 Ford Mustang GT 5.0
Posts: 4,508
Total Props: 0
Thats the splash guard, you are correct.
To prevent water and any other debris coming into engine bay and destroying any wires/plastics that may be vulnerable.
Reply With Quote
+ 0 -
Old 10-01-2009
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
I am: z s
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Total Props: 4
yes splash sheild or inner fender sheild yadada. you can get them from ford for around $30 i think. alot of rangers only had one side and missed the other its like the guy got fired that did the other side for a few years
Reply With Quote
+ 0 -

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What is this part called? 99v6Ranger 2.9L & 3.0L V6 Tech 19 01-14-2015 10:17 AM
Please help ASAP! I don't know what this part is called? kcdog08 Drivetrain Tech 0 05-26-2009 08:33 PM
what is this called? (radiotor part) schatten789 Exterior Semi-Tech 6 01-28-2008 08:08 PM
Whats this rubber called? mtbphoto General Ford Ranger Discussion 3 10-25-2006 07:24 PM
Splash gaurds.........is that what they are called? Maxboost Exterior Semi-Tech 13 08-24-2005 11:25 PM

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:44 PM.