OLD - Interior, Exterior, Electrical, & Misc. Ford Ranger interior, exterior, and electrical parts, i.e. overhead consoles, speakers, lights, bumpers, doors, wiring. This sub-forum is also for ads which list multiple Ford Ranger items per thread.

For Sale: CUSTOM: Ford Emblems: KY

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Icon7 CUSTOM: Ford Emblems: KY

I decided to close all the other for sale postings for my custom emblems and create a (hopefully) more streamlined post here.

First, I have a 4.5" wide White/Black Ford emblem.

This was probably a trunk or tailgate emblem. The back has 3 small posts that can easily be snipped off if needed.

The white background is Krylon Fusion gloss white & the black is Krylon Fusion gloss black.

This one is ready to ship out right now.

There is one small chip in the clear that I didn't notice until I had everything completed, but it's hardly noticeable unless you know where to look.

$20.00 shipped for this White/Black 4.5" emblem.

- - - - - - - -

Next up is a Black/Silver-Chrome emblem.

This one measures 4.5" wide. Has the 3 posts on the back, the 2 larger posts have been used, I just took this one off my trucks grille.

The Ford script is painted with Krylon silver metallic paint, the oval ring is the OEM chrome. The background is painted with Krylon Fusion gloss black.

This emblem has a few small chips & a few blemishes in the Ford script as shown. From an arm's length, you can hardly notice. It's not perfect if you're 6" away from it.
The white specs on the chrome base is just dust, not rust or pitting, the base is in great shape.

Due to the blemishes in this Black/Silver-Chrome, I'm cutting the price to $15.00 shipped.

If this one doesn't sell in a week or so, I'll probably take it back apart, sand it down again & use it for testing colors.

- - - - - - - -

I have a few more 4.5" and 4.75" wide Ford Oval Emblems that I'm starting to mod.

I'll try to get back with everyone who posts or PM's me about a custom emblem ASAP, but I've been a little pre-occupied with some jobs that are taking up way too much of my "Ranger" time lately. I SHOULD be caught back up in a week or so, but I'll keep you informed as to the progress of your emblems (if you've already contacted me).
If my inbox gets full here & your message gets bounced, just post a message here for me to contact you.

For new custom orders, please give me a couple weeks to start.

I MAY have a couple in the works that will be (insert custom color here) background with OEM Ford & Oval chrome. I never know if the chrome will survive the disassembly process so I'm probably going to need a little more for each of these...maybe $25 or so.
So far, I've only got 3 potential candidates for all original chrome out of a dozen or so I've worked on...and one of those just sold.

- - - - - - - -

I'm also working on some "Classic" Ranger XLT emblems like these...

Name:  IMG_0636.jpg
Views: 939
Size:  107.1 KB

...where I'll be painting the backgrounds and/or the brushed chrome lettering custom colors.
No definite start date on these, just whenever I have time to work on them.
If you'd like a custom set of these, feel free to drop me a message & I'll add you to my list.

- - - - - - -

- The stuff nobody asks about until it's too late -

- These emblems take a poop load of time to mod, on average 10 to 20 hours. I'm definitely not going to retire on the few bucks I make from these.
The emblems generally cost me $7 to $10 each & if I sell & ship one for $20... well... $7 (emblem) + $3 (shipping) + $4 (paint) + $2 (sandpaper) + $1 PayPal fees = I only get $3 for all that work.

- Payments can be sent via my PayPal (PM me), if you dare to send Cash or a Postal Money Order (from the Post Office), feel free... but please don't get mad at me if some jerk steals it in the back room of a postal warehouse somewhere.

- I really hate to ask for $$$ up front, but for custom colors/sizes/etc. I'm going to ask that they be pre-paid (unless we've worked out a trade/swap/deal etc. beforehand).
If something happens & I can't finish your custom emblem(s) I WILL refund your money with my apologies.
Hey $h!T happens sometimes.

- Please include a note with your payment with your RF username, color scheme, size, shipping address & any other info.

- Shipping prices (or FREE shipping) is for the USA only, our Canadian Ranger-Holics may have to help out with a few extra bucks on shipping.

- 1st Class Mail (USPS) & Delivery Confirmation will likely be how I ship emblems, unless you prefer Priority Mail...(or if your stuff weighs too much for 1st Class) in which case Priority Mail will probably be used (again, I might need a few bucks to cover Priority shipping).

- Delivery Confirmation is included with shipping, in case there's a problem it MIGHT help locate a misplaced package.

- Shipping insurance is OPTIONAL, but I can't afford to insure every package unless you don't mind paying the going rate. I've shipped well over 1,000 packages on eVilBay over the years and I've only had 2 that didn't make it to their destination...one person moved & didn't leave a forwarding address, another simply disappeared into thin air never to be seen again.

Old 07-10-2010
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you have people send you the paypal payment as a gift then you dont get charged any fees and it will add another dollar in your pocket

Old 07-10-2010
Icon4 UPDATE

I now have ONE 4.5" wide oval Ford emblem that will be nearly 100% perfect OEM chrome text & oval.
This is as rare as someone getting a picture of Bigfoot eating a McDonald's hamburger.
It's just about ready for painting the background color.
I have BOTH style mounting bases, 3 small posts or 2 large posts + 1 small post, I should have no problem attaching it to either style.

Name YOUR color for the background: Black, White, Sun Yellow, Emerald Green, Smoke Gray, Cherry Red (darker) or Banner Red (brighter). I may be able to find a few other colors if these don't fit your color scheme, but I am limited with my choices.
I didn't get a chance to get pics of the bare emblem yet. The front side is scuffed & scratched from working with it, but I'll be wet sanding down to 1000 grit & buffing it before assembly.
Price: $25.00 shipped (prepaid)

- - - - -

I also have ONE 4.5" wide Ford oval emblem that will be about 90% perfect with the OEM chrome text & oval. There are a few areas in the oval's chrome, I've painted the backside to fill in the missing chrome with bumper chrome paint that came out nicely. From arm's length, you can't notice the blemishes.
Like the other one, I have BOTH styles of mounting bases & it should work with either style.

Name YOUR color for the background (see colors above).
I didn't get a chance to get pics of this bare emblem either.
The front side is scuffed & scratched from working with it, but I'll be wet sanding down to 1000 grit & buffing it before assembly.
Price: $22.50 shipped (prepaid)

I should be able to jump on painting, sanding, buffing & assembling either of these two emblems within a week.

Old 07-14-2010
I've currently got 4 emblems spoken for/in process right now... along with a few that have shipped & a bunch of people waiting to decide on color/sizes.

I still have two unpainted all OEM chrome that measure 4.5" wide overall. (see update above)

These two are ready for painting, just need to know what color background I need to paint them.

PM me for payment info.

Old 07-22-2010
I'm close to finishing up my last set of custom orders.

I STILL have two 4.5" wide emblems with chrome lettering and whatever color background you want (see my color list).

I also have a couple more 4.5" emblems that are almost ready for painting... pick your colors.

I have one 4.75" wide emblem that's almost ready for painting... pick your colors.

Still have the white background/black text emblem also.

The black/silver emblem is probably going to get used for paint testing now.

Need to get some more orders in the pipeline...don't make me paint all these up and stick 'em on my toolboxes!!

I have a few more sets of "classic" Ranger XLT emblems as well as a set of plain Ranger emblems. Don't know what color I'm going to paint them yet, if anybody wants a set just let me know.

Old 07-22-2010
Yet another update.

I've squeezed in enough time to work on a one-of-a-kind emblem.
(sorry, no pics yet)
All I'll say (teaser) is it's my tribute to John Deere.

Old 07-25-2010
Finally!
A few pics of my John Deere inspired Ford emblem...

It's a 4.5" wide overall emblem.
It hasn't been attached to the backing yet, so if anyone is interested I can probably attach it to either style of backing that I have.

This one-of-a-kind John Deere/Ford emblem IS for sale... $30.00 shipped to the USA.
It's a little more than some of the other emblems I've modded, but this one took almost a week just for painting.

- - - - - -

Also, here's a 4.75" wide emblem I just started on...

ALL OEM CHROME IS NEARLY PERFECT!
Out of all the emblems I've modded, this one has the best looking chrome (Ford script & Oval) of all.

It's currently been sanded on the back & front to 500 grit. I don't final sand or buff the front until they've been painted...that's why the front/back look hazy and scratched. All the scratches will virtually disappear when painted & buffed.
Feel free to ask anyone who has bought any of my custom emblems, they look schweet when finished.

This one IS FOR PRE-SALE.
Price: $25.00 shipped to the USA.

Let me know what color you want the background painted (see my list of colors in this post), send payment via PayPal, blah, blah and in about a week or so, this could be on YOUR truck.

- - - - - -

Last update for today,
The White background/Black Ford logo is still available as well as the other sized custom emblems.

Old 07-26-2010
Icon4 UPDATE

Just shipped the last completed set of Ford ovals...

Need some more orders for custom colors...

I have a few of each size ready for paint guys... 4.5" & 4.75" wide.

My old silver/black (the one with small cracks) emblem has been dis-assembled & sanded down for testing color combinations.

Old 07-26-2010
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow, you make some really nice emblems man

Old 07-28-2010
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Icon14 KUDOS!!!

Got mine back today............EXCELLENT WORK!!!

Will post pics one my green 94 when I get back from vacation in couple weeks..........

THANKS Terry!!!

Old 07-28-2010
Glad to hear it Tim.

We MUST have installed pics.

Old 08-06-2010
Bumping this back from the depths of a week ago.

Still need some more orders, I have a few emblems ready for painting.
Turnaround time should be about a week, depending on how well the paint adheres & dries.

I'm looking for larger emblems that can be modded for those of you who want the 5.75", 7" and 9" wide emblems, but all the emblems I've seen in those sizes can't be modded using my methods.

- - - - - - - -

I now have a few 5.75" wide Ford Ovals that are OEM blue/chrome.

I believe they all have 3 short pins on the back side (could work for a grille if you use foam tape).
I bought them hoping I'd be able to mod them, but no luck... they're the "gel" type. Not too much I can do with them except experiment on the worst looking one of the bunch.
Most of them are in very nice shape too. If interested, let me know & I'll clean 'em up and post some pics.

Pricing: Make me a REALLY GOOD offer + Shipping.

- - - - - - - -

Tell your friends (or enemies) who drive ANY Ford vehicle, my custom painted Ford Ovals are NOT just for Rangers.

Old 08-08-2010
He does great work!!!
Thanks!

Old 08-08-2010
Looking for a custom emblem I'm pretty sure it's the 4.5" size emblem. I need it for my tailgate on a 2005 edge. I'm not sure about the size but I will update and let you know

Old 08-08-2010
Originally Posted by andddrew says
Looking for a custom emblem I'm pretty sure it's the 4.5" size emblem. I need it for my tailgate on a 2005 edge. I'm not sure about the size but I will update and let you know
When you get a chance, just take a tape measure & get the measurement from side to side overall.

I have 4.5" and 4.75" wide emblems ready to paint.

Some of my emblems have the same pin configuration on the back (for locating/attaching) and sometimes, you can use a 4.75" wide emblem in place of a 4.5"... and vise versa.
I had a 4.5" emblem on my grille until I got a 4.75" custom painted one finished. Both had the same pin locations.

Old 08-08-2010
Those are purdy nice ! , might think about it

Old 08-08-2010
- Shameless plug for another of my postings -

I'll be posting a new For Sale thread pretty soon for some OEM 5.75" wide Blue Ford Oval emblems I just bought.
They're NOT the type I can modify, so I'd like to see them go to someone who can use them.

Old 08-08-2010
If i was gunna get some i would think i would like Chrome with Read back ground black text lol ! :D

but love the others also !

Old 08-08-2010
Check out my photobucket page, I have lots more pics of stuff I'm working on.

Old 08-08-2010
Yeah, nice work ! ill have to photo shop an emblem and see if i wanna put it on my truck :)

Old 08-11-2010
Icon4 UPDATE

As of today, all my 4.75" wide emblems that are ready for paint 2 colors are spoken for...

I do have 2 that have all original chrome Ford script & oval that are ready for painting your choice of background color.

I also have about 5pcs of 4.5" wide oval emblems that are ready for painting any 2 colors & 1 that has all original chrome Ford script & oval that's ready for the background to be painted.
My 96 has the 4.5" wide Ford ovals on the tailgate, but they also work on the grille too.

Waiting on an order for more 4.75" wide ovals & there's a possibility I MAY get some 7" wide ovals to mod...have to wait 'till the order gets here though.

Still taking custom orders, but there will be a delay until I get the package & disassemble/sand/etc. the new emblems.

Old 08-13-2010
Another updated pic of a custom order pair that's just about completed.

Cool, yet different color combo.

Old 08-16-2010
Originally Posted by buggman
Another updated pic of a custom order pair that's just about completed.

Cool, yet different color combo.
Lol hey these look familiar....lol can't wait for these to get here man...the more I look at them the more it kills me....thanks again terry

Old 08-17-2010
lol... patience...

You gotta get us some before & after pics.

Old 08-17-2010
Ya man I definitely will

Quick Reply: For Sale: CUSTOM: Ford Emblems: KY