I had a couple of fabrication projects that I was working on this weekend.
First, I re-did the light bar for the front of my truck. Used some 1/4"x2" aluminum stock (actually, these are braces for a System One truck rack).
Trimmed to size, and re-bent them. This is a modular set-up--this part attaches to the back edge of the bumper utilizing existing holes.
This is the other half of the modular mount--attaches to the bumper mount with countersunk 10-32 SS screws and T-Nuts.
The actual light bar is made from a piece of 1/8" x 1-1/4" aluminum angle stock. I originally made this last summer when i got my 4 Hellas; it was coated with rustoleum spray-on bedliner. I scrapped all of the bedliner off, the spent about an hour sanding the anodizing off (this sucked!), then wet-sanded with 400-grit.
Polished everything up with Busch Aluminum Polish. THIS STUFF ROCKS!!
Assembled light bar--can remove it in minutes if needed; remove the 8 screws, and disconnect the weatherpak connectors.
I also fabbed-up this trim piece/mount for a filler on the back edge of my PowerDome project. Some different 1/4"x2" aluminum flat stock, with 1/8" of it removed to fit around the 'glass filler panel. Again, sanded off the anodizing(still sucked) and polished.
I didn't just want to use a couple of ugly nuts to attach the mount to the filler, so i fabbed-up this piece and tapped a couple of holes for the mount to screw into.
The last project happened by accident--I had this 4.0 emblem on my Expo intake cover, and it looked pretty good, but i decided to remove it and add some decals that match the ones going on the PowerDome--Jeep Wrangler 4.0L/ Honda SOHC.
While i was removing the emblem, it started pulling the clear coat, along with the Hydroimage-F**K!!
I was able to get the emblem off and minimize the damage, but it looked like Hell.
Grabbed a piece of 1/16" aluminum sheet, made a cardboard template, and got it to fit just right. Then i polished it, added the decals,
and mounted the plate to the intake cover using SS machine screws. It actually ties in pretty well with everything that i have going on under the hood of my truck.
I wish I could say that i had this bitchin' shop with all sorts of cool machines, but I don't. This was all hand work--I didi all of this with a hacksaw, corded drill, a rasp, and misc. files.