i scored this box for free. plans started out to run the box with the bed liner but that changed. i cut a corner out before i made my final decision to pull the liner. when i did pull the liner i found there is 2 more inches of usable space on either side. this is one of those measure twice cut once moments. this is what i got as of now.
i took 4" out to fit down in the bed and welded it up.
i then scored this 18g diamond plate for free as well almost full 4x10 sheet it.
not the most prettiest welds but they will do
i welded up the bottom seem to help seal things up
this project has been going for the last few months. i try to work on it when i can. but there will be more to come.
facepalm yes especially when i pulled the bed liner out of my truck.
i would like to get it powder coated but the one of the companies i went to quoted me 150 for the coat and 65 to blast it. so walmart spray paint it will be. im thinking to keep it white but im also considering black.
thanks for the compliments.
tomorrow i will be working on the box. finish grinding, welding and mounting the struts.
^^ that a cool idea because i have been thinking of getting a bed cover of some sort. with the mounting that im thinking of i could mount it near the gate.
i found what im gonna use for mounting and locking the box in the bed. cloths line hooks fit perfect in the center of the cleats.
That would work well. This way you can forget about the rail and just make two separate mounting locations. One at the front and one at the back. If your liner is anything like mine, you should have no trouble sliding the box back and forth.