I'm a part time nitrous engineer for a company out of Chiacgo. I use thier parts and some parts from a company in england. (very expensive but the best)
Basicly, here is what I changed on my 06FX4 to run a **dry 50shot** w/o problems. (I tune my own cars with SCT Pro Racer software = X-cal 2 flash device) I actually changed A LOT of other things. But these listed below will cover the basics and get you into the ball park.
1) Turn up tranny shift pressures by 15psi on the 1-2 2-3 3-4 shifts.
2) Shorten shift slip times by 25%
3) Change borderline spark to match the MTB table
4) Change fuel to a 9.5A/F ratio from 2000 to 5000 rpms in the two top load rows. (this will equate to a nice safe 12.5 going through the traps on a 1/4mile run)
5) Install a new fuel filter
6) Run about 25% -to- 75% fuel mix (25% = 100octane & 75% = 92 or higher octane)
7) Change the plugs to one range colder. (I used the Denso IT20 leaving the gap alone)
8) Spray the dry shot about 6" before the throttle body and aim the plume so that it's discharging into the middle of the air pipe. (don't spray directly on any parts)
9) IMO as long as your not ramping up nitrous with a controller.. I'd suggest using NX solenoids. They IMO are not great.. but they are what I'd buy if on a budget for a 50dry shot.
10) Have the tuner turn on *all* the parameters on the x-cal. You'll use this to fine tune a/f, timing, and shift points.
Now I assume you don't tune your self.. just have a tuner sell you a SCT X-cal and make one of the tunes a "Nitrous tune" that matches what I've posted.
NOTE: Please don't skimp in any of the first 8 things I post. If you do your gonna have problems. And.. IMO #6 is the most important for keeping your rods where they belong.
He who is enslaved to the compass is free to sail the seas
Last edited by wydopnthrtl; 10-14-2009 at 07:20 AM.