I don't know, I haven't driven in any deep water so my best guess is that maybe some moisture got into the lines somewhere. Maybe when we had the freezing rain, some water ran down the hood and into the old solenoid somehow. I don't have a clue.
But when I went to engage 4x4 the other day at the farm, it seemed like at least one of the hubs was really slow to engage. I stopped on a hill, flipped the switch, waited for a few seconds and started moving. Once on the snow it was like one of the front tires stopped pulling (or wasn't pulling) for a split second, made a good bang and started pulling again.
I'm not sure if I have a bad IWE or what the deal is. Like I said it works fine in the garage but....
2006 F150 FX4 Super Crew - Bilstien 5100s leveled 2", 35" KM2s, 4.56 gears, Detroit locker, Eaton E-Locker, Traction Bars, AEM intake, Xcal 2
2010 VW Golf TDI 6MT