Ok, heres what I've been doing the past few days.
97 Ranger; Took bed, differential, exhaust system and spare tire holder off. I found out that I need some one a little stronger than my little sister to help take the bed off. :P But we got it off.
Took a angle grinder with a wire wheel to the back frame and got rid of all the old paint/rust. I found out that a fan would be nice to have while doing that. I completely covered the inside of the shop with dust as well as my 86 Ranger. (Note to self: turn fan on....move 86 out of shop before beginning). After I got all the stuff that I could get to with the angle grinder, I took it outside and sand blasted the underside and all the hard stuff to get to.
I went to the j/k and got a positive traction 8.8 differential to replace the 7.5. (I also need a little more muscle then a little sister can give while doing this. :P I say 'little' sister...shes two years younger than me. :P)
Brought it home and spent the rest of that day sand blasting it to get all the dirt/grease off.
The next day I put three coats of paint on the differential and one coat on the frame before I ran out of paint. (I need to get some today to finish it) Then I installed the differential on top of the leaf springs (verses below the leaf springs) which gave the truck about a 3-4" drop in the back.
(You can't really tell, but there is a pretty good drop in the back) (Now I just need to drop the front)
More to come: