Ok, so I FINALLY got the seats installed from the explorer! I would say that for the most part a fairly simple install and they did kinda bolt right in my 98 from the 99.
1. The seats to draw a decent amount of AMPS. I put in a 20A fuse and blew that one pretty quick so I went up to a 25 and hopefully that will suffice. Decided to go with 14Ga wire which is equal to or one step heavier than what the plug had.
2. Some of the mounting holes on the explorer seats needed to be opened up a bit in order to get the Ranger mounting bolts through the hole and to get them to line up. Used a step bit on an impact and made short work of that.
3. My explorer seats had some weird sliding bracket that the seat belt was attached to and would not work in the Ranger. My solution was to cut off the monting tab on the Ranger seat that I removed and I welded that to the right side of the driver seat and left side of the passenger seat. In both instances there are two holes which need to be opened up a little bit so the bolt from seat belt mount can pass by it. Honestly though it is perfectly located to provide a solid area to mount the seat belt to, At least I think it is!
4. Wiring in my case simply a Black with white stripe (+) and Black (-)
5. This is probably the best interior mod for the Ranger. These seats are SOOOO Much more comfortable and supportive compared to the POS seat that were in the truck. The Lumbar is AWESOME and worth the effort by itself.
Here are some pics which hopefully explain some stuff I did with my install!