I'll be trading in my 2005 Subaru Outback soon on a used Ranger. I'm hoping to find a clean low mile (under 25K). It's been a while since I traded in and bought a used car so I'm looking for some tips. Have some questions:
1. Should I stay away from the smaller car lots and look at larger dealerships??
2. If I get book value for my Subaru, how much should I expect them to come down i.e. if they are asking $20,000, should they be able to come down 2K?
3. Certified Pre-owned...is this something to look for on a low mile Ranger? Seems silly.
4. Haggle the price of the Truck first or the trade in?
5. Any good known websites to search for used Rangers? I've tried autotrader, ebay and craigslist.
That's all I can think of for now. Any other tips would be great. Hope to be behind the wheel of a new to me Ranger soon!!!
BTW..this is one of the trucks I'm looking at.