Well I got the beast cleaned up today, labeled everything I took off last night, cleaned the garage floor, and organized the bolts and nuts. I also replaced the water neck, t-stat, plugs, and PCV valve. I'm debating pulling the heads off or not tonight. We'll see what I decide tomorrow, I guess...
Have a look. It ain't purty, but it'll do as a sleeper under the hood of a stock Ranger, right?
Everything cleaned up nicely, but I wish I could get rid of the stock rusty heads and block. The tranny appears to be very well maintained, but I'll make that decision when I drop the pan to put a new filter in and install the B&M Shift kit.
I finally got the accessory bracket off, AFTER I pulled the motor. I couldn't get to a lower Power Steering line, so I had to leave it connected until I made myself some clearance for a crescent wrench.
These are the tools I've become so reliant on through this project. The air tools are my favorite by far.
Yes those are labels on each drawer of the tool box. I'm OCD about my garage and tool organization, although these pictures don't represent my philosophy too well.