I've Tried It All....HELP!
I've spent weeks searching these forums and others like it to try to figure out my problem and I am at my wits end!
99 B3000, 3.0L, manual trans., 2wd, extended cab.
Problem: One or two clunk noises when accelerating from a complete stop (I know what you're thinking...keep reading). No noises during sharp turns or going over bumps in the road. No noises during braking. No trouble at all with clutch or shifting through gears. No clunking when going through gears, only when accelerating from dead stop. Can't reproduce sound by bouncing or rocking front end of vehicle. If I accelerate slowly enough it doesn't clunk.
Repaired in the last month:
1) U-joints (note: one piece drive shaft, no carrier bearing, no slip splines)
2) Both inner and outer tie rods
3) Wheel bearings
4) Drained, checked for broken gear teeth and filled differential
5) Drained and filled transmission fluid
1) Ball joints - good
2) Checked for extra slop in the slip yoke where it comes out of the transmission - good
3) Transmission mount - good
4) Shocks - good
5) Control arm bushings - good
6) Sway bar and links - good
7) Brake calipers and caliper brackets - good
Any other ideas???