Lets fix her up.
Well I'm looking to give the old girl a little pampering but I'm trying not to spend a ton of money. Right now I still don't have my 4x4 working as the diff is just sitting out and I've been driving it for quite a while without it lol. That's the number one thing I'm going to get done. There are some other things such as:
1. I really need to figure out why the ignition key thing isn't working, I can start my truck but can't turn it off. There is nothing pushing the key backwards when i start it. I have no idea whats inside the steering column. I replaced the ignition cylinder lock and it let me start the truck but I can't turn it off now. Is the ignition cylinder lock what controls all that?
2. My rpms jump up like 200-300rpms when I shift gears, If I let off the gas for a few seconds for a i shift then it won't do it. What could that be?
3. I also have a little hickup, I'm guessing I could wires and plugs but anything else?
4. My horn stopped working? Is this a fuse or a relay?
5. Last but not least I need to get a serpentine belt.
That's it for maintenance. I still want to put in some explorer seats, give it a really good cleaning inside and out and fix the y pipe I friggen mangled when i did my clutch.
So tell me what I should do and how to fix a few of these things and maybe a few extras if maybe I should do something else while I'm there.
1996 Ext. Cab 5 Speed
3.0L - 60,000 (rebuilt engine)
Warn Manual hubs
31' BFGoodrich A/Ts
2.5' Glasspack Exhaust
New Clutch, flywheel, pressure plate, & slave cylinder
2" lift spring