Wirelessly posted (Blackberry 8530)
Well I picked up some new goodies for the Ranger over the past couple of months, but quickly realized they would not just bolt on in an hour as I'd hoped, so they sat on my garage shelf until I had the time to get it all done.
First was a set of projector headlights. Since the style I chose had two lights, I found that I would have to make some relief cuts in the header panel to clear the rear of them. The second goodie was a set of HIDs for the projector to use as low beams. The projectors are H3 units, and they were not HID ready, so I could either mod the caps or I could make new ones. I opted for making new ones. The third was clear corners, which were obviously a direct bolt in, but I wanted to wait until the headlights were going in and do it all at once.
I didn't take any progress pics, and only got a couple of cell phone shots of the finished product. Aside from needing to mod the cutoff shields (they actually cut off too low, surprizingly), I'm very happy with the outcome. Here are the couple of pics I snapped so far. I'll try to get some better pics up soon. C&C welcome.
I also removed the bug guard while I was at it to clean up the look. I need to buff the hood where it had been scuffed from it, but I'm going to be painting the grill and bumper body color soon, so I'm probably going to just throw a light coat of clerar on the hood while I'm at it instead of just doing a buff. Also on the agenda is to get the bumper lined up better and get rid of the uneven gap.