Ok so started the other day with all this rain. Hereís what happens:
- When I start my truck nothing odd
- When I accelerate in any gear at points I get almost a humming coming from the passenger side front... sounds like it could be coming from the actual wheel.
- No sounds when decelerating at any point
- Sound will continue until a constant speed is achieved
- Sound isnít consistently occurring when accelerating
- When 4wd is turned on no sound occurs
Up until the last bullet note leads me to believe that the wheel bearing on the passenger front is going how ever taking into account the 4wd point, maybe its something else?
I was thinking possibly something inside the hub being that I had to put the stock auto locking hubs back on that I modified to be engaged at all times.
Iím on a college campus with no access to any tools or space or even a jack tall enough to lift the truck off the ground (Iím on 35ís)
Any thoughts? Anything I could look into with out tools or jack or knowledge?
Also side note that I donít feel is relevantÖ this all began after a heavy rain, the first time I started the truck that day it started really rough and cut out, when started again the engine seemed like it was choking, like it wasnít getting any air or had bad fuel/water in fuel.
Thanks everyone! Also if youíre in western PA and have space/tools/know-how/timeÖ Iíd love to be able to bring my truck by and have you take a peek!