This is the only thing I am able to find:
1. Turn ignition to RUN or ACC.
2. Momentarily jump pins in programming connector located behind glove box.
The horn will chirp to confirm programming mode.
3. Press any button on first keyless remote. The horn will chirp to confirm
4. Press any button on second keyless remote. The horn will chirp to confirm
5. Turn ignition OFF. the horn will chirp one last time to indicate end of
Everyone I have found has to do it like this. They all say that turning the key 8 times from off too run does nothing.
2001 XLT 4x4 3.0 Fleetside Conversion
AC Mod, Turn Signal Mod, 265/70/16 AT2s on Chrome AR Chambers, SS Headlight & Fogs, 06 Corners, 06 Tails, Mustang Dome Light, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Lighted Dual Visors, OHC