OFFICIAL YOU KNOW YOU DRIVE A RANGER WHEN TOP 10 POLL
I decided to repost this as a separate thread so everyone would know it was here and it wouldnt get lost in the old thread.
Okay so i have compounded a list of 100 of the replies to this thread. they are numbered 1-100, in order of posts. I did do some selective editing to get it down to 100 (since this thread rocked so much).
Everyone can pick a list of their top 10, post the numbers in order and I will make a tally and we will have our top 10!
1. You yell "ranger" at the site of a fellow ranger, often from miles away, even when driving alone.
2. You think in terms of "Gen 1, Gen 2, Gen 3"
3. OHC, Expo Console, EATC, BL, SAS, XCAB, all mean something to you.
4. You have dreams of a 5.0 swap.
5. when you get the power of a 4 cylinder and the fuel economy of a v8 lol.
6. you jizz in your pants when you see a Ranger cooler than yours and you think to yourself how can I top that.
7. you don't want to drive anything else...... unless it's another ford.
8. you have to explain to your friends your obsession with ranger-forums
9. your gf even starts to notice other sick rangers on the road before you do.
10. your buddy says dont worry mine has the same problem, i think they all do that.
11. your buddy at work parks his Titan next to you and makes fun of the size of his truck compared to yours, and you say "How's that $550 a month payment."
12. you friends wonder what you mean by 3.slow
13. you gf gets jealous when you give your truck more complements then her.
14. you love your truck so much that you drive god only knows how far to go meet a bunch of other ranger nuts and your friends with non-ranger obsesions give you nothing but **** about it
15. your 2wd 4cyl yanks a v8 f150 out of the ditch :D:D
16. you see a colorado, and say, 'what were they thinking'
17. you see a sick one on the street and pull up next to the dude and you guys exchange engine size and other info while at the stop light
18. you make a photo album titled, "my truck" on facebook and everyone makes fun of you.
19. you say "vulcan" and people think your talking about a bird.
20. people give you funny looks due to the fact you treat it like a Ferrari.
21. when u see rangers and almost wish they would get in a wreak and be in the junk yard the next day.
22. when u can spot what kind of lift someone has on there ranger from a block away
23. when u are on ranger-forums for hours every day.
24. u know ur a true ranger enthusiast when u tell other ranger owners stuff about there truck that they don even know.
25. when u will drive miles in the wrong direction to catch up to/ follow a cool ranger just to see where it goes/ get a better look at it.
26. When every time you see a ranger you immediately look for mods done to it.
27. you go on leave for 2 weeks and miss it more than friends
28. you pick a parking spot next to a fellow Ranger even if it means walking further to your destination.
29. Your wife yells at you cause you spend more money on your truck than her
30. Your wife yells at you because you wash your truck more then spending time with her
31. Your wife yells at you when you mod the truck
32. When you get a package in the mail/UPS your wife rolls her eyes
33. you sell your ranger for a truck that can haul and tow twice as much, has more comfortable seats with four real doors, more power and the same fuel economy...
...And you still wish you had the ranger, too.
34. the mail man says Got another package for the truck
35. when the mail man recognizes the latest mod
36. all the guys at work are astonished that your truck still runs no matter how hard you beat it up.
37. You know you drive a ranger when no matter how crappy it runs you still giving rides to your 8 brothers who drive chevys.
38. your gf tells you just buy something for the truck for HER birthday
39. you prove to your friends with Tacomas that your truck is better even though it means beating the **** out of it.
40. When you see or pass other Rangers and wonder and hope they saw your R-F decal
41. When you dream of your truck lookin like Beards or TrePauls
42. When you anxiously wait for a box with your R-F shirts in them although you know they haven't even been shipped yet
43. When you dream of meetin a girl that drives a Ranger
44. you count all the rangers in the parkinglot and know wich ones are missing that day
45. you know more about your friends tacomas, Frontiers, or S-10s just becaust you did the research to tell them why your Ranger is better.
46. you drive next to your twin Ranger on the freeway and think "wonder if they are on R-F too"
47. When you look at the Ranger next to you and wonder if they know how much cooler their truck would look with the headlight mod.
48. When you refer to a dude and his truck as "they".
49. you have been stopped by guys in other rangers asking for you spare parts/where to get mods.
50. you look on automotive acc sites or catalogs and cant even find the word ranger in the book
51. you have 3 finals this week and cant stay off RF!
52. When your GF knows you like your truck more than her and accepts it.
53. When the highlight of your day is getting in your truck and starting it up.
54. When you're eating at a restaurant and all you can do is stare at your truck through the window...
55. your girlfriend calls it ranger-**** instead of ranger-forums.
56. when your girl friend supports your hate towards jeep wranglers, and points them out and laughs with you at how nerdy the guy is... the closest thing to off roading he has ever gotten to was, driving the dirt roads to his grandpas house, which was the reason for the winch and hi-lift...
57. when you are known as "the little guy with the ranger at the local auto parts store"
58. when you call said auto parts store, tell them your name, and they ask, "what year ranger"
59. when you know all the interchangeable parts for your year of truck that you have.
60. when you have a two groups on AIM "people" and "ranger-forums
61. when you clean your truck, and take it on a very careful, slow drive to take pictures of it.
62. when the most exciting destination to your road trip is an RF meet
63. when all your friends drive rangers
64. when your bank statement reads $0
65. when anything you drive without a 3.0 seems like a nimble sports car
66. when you look at your paycheck on Friday and think of what you will buy next
67. when you look at every other ranger on the road as a parts donor vehicle
68. the parts you want are so rare and/or obsolete it makes the dealership parts guys head spin
69. when you know the build date of your truck and celebrate it
70. you search Craigslist for the word "ranger" every few hours a day...
71. your on R-F all night at work instead of doing your job.
72. when you keep putting more money into a Ranger than its worth.
73. you sell your ranger for over blue book and its still 9 times less then what you have into it.
74. it breaks then a week later fixes itself
75. you gather parts for a mod thats about 6 mos away, behind your other 3 mods you have already waiting in the garage
76. you go to a Ford dealership to buy parts and find you know more about Rangers than anyone working there
77. your girlfriend would rather have you looking at **** than be on RF so much
78. you park beside another ranger wherever you go
79. you look in the windows of every explorer you pass for leather seats, eatc, ohc, and console, maybe if close enough for auto down switches.
80. You know what alcoa's are
81. Edge does not at any point trigger SUV in your mind
82. You have argued with a mechanic about cranking torsion bars
83. You have had an electrical nightmare, unexplainable even by God, suddenly fix itself
84. You dome light randomly decides to stay on
85. Your passenger side door sticks enough that your friends yell at you to unlock the door when it already is(prolly just me)
86. You shorty console arm has caved under the weight of your elbow
87. You have body parts from 3+ different models years on your truck
88. people tell you that Fords are a POS, yet your truck is 7 years old and has 260 000 miles on it and looks like it only has 60 000 on it.
89. you work with another ranger owner and nothing gets done all day because your to busy talking about your trucks and telling eachother what you should and shouldnt do to his truck
90. your camera is full of pictures of the truck or parts for the truck
91. you are willing to drop all your plans for the whole day instantly because you found a killer deal on Craigslist...and didnt ask first how far away it was oh ya over an ho
92. every drive through the backwoods feels like a photo-op
93. when you daydream of how cool your truck would look in a movie
94. you know that no matter what goes wrong with your truck a SAS and 5.0 swap will make everything ok.
95. you have more pictures of your truck then your GF or heck anything else for that matter
96. your g/f is seriously jealous of your Ranger!
97. you have Ranger parts in your living room (because you need to keep an eye on them, but theres plenty of room elsewhere).
98. you drive around town just so people will notice the new mod.
99. you rub your dash and talk to your truck like it's your kid.
100. And just to make it 100…. You step on the gas to pass someone up a hill on the highway and you swear you hear your 3.0 cough “f@*& that
2003 Black Ford Ranger Edge
2 Door Ex Cab
3.0 4.10 8.8 LS