Well I got some work done today since my afternoon class was not meeting, despite the nasty misting rain and overcast weather we've had all day.
I nearly pinched the bajeeezus out of my finger between the coil spring and the spring pocket. I honestly thought I was going to lose my finger for a brief moment, before I was able to work my foot around to relieve pressure on the lower control arm.
The truck looks funny now, without any front suspension, arms, or wheels/tires.
While I let the pain dissolve, I studied the back half of the truck for possible mounting points for a rear sway bar.
What do ya know! It bolted right up, without having to drill holes.
As it turns out, the coil springs on the front of this truck are much larger and heavier than I ever imagined!
Here is the small parts pile of stuff that I haven't boxed up or put away for whatever reason. I pulled parts off that steering column for John, and the rear axle front-links are there until I get a welder, at which point I will mount them to the Ranger for added rear stability.
I also finished pre-wiring my e-fan into the relay and switch located in the cab. For those who don't know, I will have my e-fan controlled by a thermostat, and a switch mounted in the cab (overhead console).