Since I have play in my throttle linkage at the pedal, I decided to replace the entire cable:
Here's how I did it:
1. Push your drivers seat all the way back.
2. Clean up the floor on the driver side as you'll be spending some time there.
3. Pop the hood and then remove this cover:
4. Now disconnect the linkage at this point by prying the cable off of the stud:
5. Collapse the two plastic tabs and dislodge the cable from here:
This brings you to the firewall and releasing this connector:
6. Now move to the inside of the cab and while lying on your back reach up and release the cable from the pedal housing.
The tool I used throughout was this:
The cable attaches to the housing via a plastic tabbed connector that can be release by pulling the cable connector towards the inside of the cab while pushing up on it.
The top of the pedal housing is open slotted in order to remove the cable.
6. Now collapse the two tabs here:
Collapse and push the connector into the engine compartment.
Collapsing the tabs at the firewall is tricky because the firewall has about 1 inch of insulation that makes grabbing the tabs somewhat difficult.
Now install in the reverse order.