We all need to make a list of grounds on rangers
Ill head this off but ive looked in TRS tech library and all over but no where has a comprehensive list of all grounds on a ranger of any year.
This would be very useful to sticky for someone dealing with a drain, a no start, power consumption, power loss, where to ground extra parts or panels etc.
Ill start off with a few that I know of (obviously many more out there) however it is 2:37am where im at and its past my bed time harde har har
group it by year span...maybe? are these things universal across many years? I am unaware. Im pretty positive 98-2000 rangers will be almost identical
On a 98-2000 ranger:
1) battery to front frame (from negative terminal, short distance to frame, +/-4 inches)
2) battery to block (negative terminal to lower, forward, drivers side of block, +/-24 inches)
3) block to fire wall (rear drivers side block, straight up to almost highest point of engine bay side of firewall +/-15 inches)
4) Body to frame (passenger side, outside, frame rail, +/- 8 inches from frame to underside of floor)
5) Alternator housing to ground (Scrambler82) (housing of alternator is grounded directly to frame or ground stud)
6) Starter housing to ground (Scrambler82) (housing of starter motor to frame directly or to ground stud)
PLEASE POST WITH MORE, shanks
etc etc you all add on, hopefully toward the end ill compile these and form a sticky if the mods say its a go
2000 XLT AUTO 3.0 FFV 2WD <> 31" Destination A/T <> 3" lift <> Sony/Kenwood Audio <> LEDs <> Offroad Lights <> Tint <> Flowmaster Duals <> Expo Roof Rack W/ Lights<> Diamond Plate Toolbox <> !StIcKeRz!
Last edited by rangerrunner11; 03-31-2012 at 12:19 PM.