Originally Posted by Downey
well since no one has really answered a pro or con of a body lift and susp lift
pros of body lift.
2. keeps all stock alignments on stock susp so you dont break stuff.
3. install in an afternoon or weekend if bolts are rusty
1. shows frame
2. idk what else someone else can add lol
pros of susp lift
1. keeps body close to frame
2. can get more lift than body lift
1. puts more stress on susp parts
2. more expensive
3. harder to install
4. need an alignment after installing lift.
thats just a few i know more people will add more stuff
i personally went suspension but may throw a body lift on in the future as well just to raise it up some more
my current set up is 3inch lift springs in the front and add a leaf and beltech shackels in the rear all together it works pretty good just really need to get that alignment
one thing i will add that IMO is an advantage to body lift is that its easier to keep the truck level looking but i guess if you actually went out and bought a whole suspension lift kit it wouldnt be that bad but me i kind of pieced mine together from stuff all over b/c it was a little cheaper
even though i was able to get it from a bunch of diff places all together it probably cost me 500 dollars at least so body lift really is alot!!! cheaper