Well, I finally got around to fixing my broken blend door. It was a bit of a pain, but successful in the end. The quick and easy fix found here
wouldn't work for me. I had to replace the door with a new one. First off, I recommend that the part that the actuator clips to be removed
. It is bolted on using 3 screws. This allows a smidge more clearance. You can see things better, too. I cut a hole in the bottom of the plenum like they did here
. Believe it or not, the new door will fit through there. Then, I cut a hole in the front of the plenum like they did here
only much smaller. Just enough to be able to see the seam and to insert a screwdriver to pry up on. Probably, the most difficult part was getting my old blend door out. I finally decided it would be easier to break it to get it out. I snapped the shaft part in half using a pair of channel lock pliers. I found that inserting the new blend door into the bottom pivot point first gave more clearance than putting top end in first. Use a long screwdriver to pry up on plenum seam to give enough clearance to insert top blend door into actuator hole. I carefully taped the removed part of plenum with aluminum tape making sure clearance for blend door operation was kept. Aluminum tape is supppose to hold up to hvac temps. Working Perfect!!