I'll have to dig through some stuff at home but I installed the BlackMagic fan in 2005 and it's been performing flawlessly ever since.
I can attest to several things others have said so far.
1) Get a whole SET of fan tools, to ensure you have the right one to remove stock fan.
2) Unbolt everything and anything thats in your way, including the intake snorkel, it will make life much easier.
3) If you have a front skid-plate REMOVE IT, you have to anyways unless you're Stretch Armstrong.
4) When wiring, take your time and run one wire at a time, before you know it you'll be all done.
4a) Even though you may have multiple relays, outlets, connections you won't necessarily use them ALL, there may be some left "blank" as was the case with my install.
5) Get 5/8" wire loom, as Rand wanted to do and tuck everything up all nice, Cable Ties are your FRIEND, get 4-6" Black ties and use them, tie everything up nice and make sure its out of the way of rotating blades and belts.
6) Depending on the model of fan, you might have 8-10" threaded rods that screw into the fan bracket, which in turn holds the mounting bracket to the radiator. I put one end of the rod into my cordless drill and "screwed" it into the fan bracket/housing...saved me about 1 hour of manually tightening the rods and chewed up fingers!
I'll try to post some pictures of my install as I said, I mounted my fan inside my factory shroud. I just drilled 2 holes at the top and 2 at the bottom and basically bolted it in the middle of the factory shroud, it looks great and provides additional air-direction for cooling (I think)
2007 Liquid Gray Focus ST Gas saver
2003 FX4 Sonic Blue Sold!!! Gas guzzler best tank ever 19.5 MPG