Originally Posted by CBFranger
You're right, your test shows nothing at all.
Ok, let me try to put this in words that maybe you can understand!
There are two indisputable FACTS from these comparisons:
1) The OEM paper filters have 5.5X the filter media area of the K&N filter media
2) The paper filter media filters much better than the K&N filter media
And this comparison is consistant with:
1) The results of this independent air filter test:
2) Rich's post regarding K&N intakes:
You will *likely* increase the amount of grit entering the intake.
3) The reports of contaminated MAF sensors, high Si in UOA, and "dusted" turbos when running K&N air filters
4) K&N's recommendation to use the following in "very dusty conditions"