Major electrical problems on 99 ranger 2.3
I replaced an alternator on the pickup after having the battery charge light come on, battery die and then truck die. After replacing alt, truck started but batt charge light did not go out. Then found bad 175a fuse link and replaced. Then found failed 30a fuse. Tried to replace 30a fuse but burned through immediately when placed in slot with key off and out of ignition. Not sure how to proceed from here. Grounds, wires to alt, appeared ok but no charge coming from alt. What could be causing overvoltage to the 30a fuse when the ignition is turned off? Any help would be appreciated. Truck is currently DOA.