Question. Is there a way the average person without the Ford software to delete/clear keys from the PATs system?
I've searched all over and most of what I found says[here] must be taken to a dealer to have keys cleared/removed from the e-PATs system.
I just recently got a new (3rd key for my truck) so in case a key goes missing I can program another one without the $100 dollar fee that Ford wants to program the key (Though the key and cut is only $26.00 and less than a minute time to program it LOL).
So comes my question. Is there a way to clear keys from the e-PATs system (2001 Ranger Edge)?
A days worth of searching led me to a vendor selling PATs keys and had instructions on how to basically reset the e-PATs system to two keys. Which is required for any programming of PATs keys on 1998 or newer Fords equipped with PATs.
Here are the steps I found on how to reset the keys.
CLEARING PATS KEYS FROM e-PATS SYSTEM
To reset/erase lost keys from your PATs system you will need two (2) working programmed keys.
- Insert 1 (Key A) of the working PATs keys into the ignition.
- Turn the key to the ON position for at least 1 Second then turn back to the OFF/LOCK position and remove key.
- Within 10 seconds of removing the first key, insert the 2nd (Key B) working PATs key.
- Turn the key to the ON position for at least 1 Second then turn back to the OFF/LOCK position. After doing this you should see THEFT illuminate solid for 3 seconds. This means the e-PATs system is in learning mode. Remove key.
- Re-insert the 2nd (Key B) working PATs key (The one you just removed) turn it to the ON position for at least 1 Second then turn back to OFF/LOCK position.
- Insert the 1st (Key A) working PATs key into the ignition and turn to the ON position and leave in the ON position for at least 5 Seconds.
By doing this you will have cleared all and any keys that have been programmed to your e-PATs system except for the last two (2) keys used in this process.
I have not tried this method. If anyone knows any truth to this method please post up. The vendor says it works. I can't ask Ford cause they will say nothing works and I need to bring it to them (Was told that I wouldn't be able to program my key even with two keys to add a 3rd key for my ranger)...