Iím having battery problems.
The shop says there is nothing wrong with my charging system and the battery appears ok but sometimes when I hop in, it is too weak to start.
Fortunately it is standard shift and not too heavy to push.
Does anyone know what the amperage draw should be on a 98í Ranger? It is a standard with air and radio. If I shut it off, disconnect the negative battery lead and hook an ammeter in the circuit, it reads .33 amps for about 45 minutes and then drops to .11 amps. Our Mercury Grand Prix reads .03 amps, and I got a reading of .01amps on a loaded suburban. Why would my no frills Ranger require so much more draw on the battery when turned off?
I am using a Wal-Mart battery, and have had the same problem with 3 different batteries.