Trying to ACTIVATE my seat belt warning
Yes, some of you are going to be puzzled as to why I want to do this, but I'm trying to ACTIVATE my seat belt warning cluster light/buzzer.
I've tried this proceedure:
Before following the procedure, ensure that the following conditions are met:
*The parking brake is set
*The gearshift is in Park (auto trans) or neutral (manual trans)
*The ignition switch is in the OFF position
*All vehicle doors are closed
*The driver's safety belt is unbuckled
*The parklamps/headlamps are in the OFF position
1. Turn the ignition switch to RUN (or ON) position. (Don't start the engine)
2. Wait until the safety belt warning light turns off. (Approx. 1-2 minutes)
*Steps 3-5 must be completed within 60 seconds or the procedure will have to be repeated.
3. Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt 3 times, ending with the safety belt unbuckled. This can be done before or during BeltMinder warning activation.
4. Turn on the parklamps/headlamps, turn off the parklamps/headlamps.
5. Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt 3 times, ending with belt unbuckled.
*After step 5 the safety belt warning light will be turned on for 3 seconds.
6. Within 7 seconds of safety belt warning light turning off, buckle then unbuckle the belt.
*This will disable Beltminder if it is currently enabled, or enable it if it's currently disabled.
7. Confirmation of disabling Beltminder is provided by the safety belt warning light flashing 4 times per second for 3 seconds.
8. Confirmation of enabling BeltMinder is provided by:
*The safety belt warning light flashing 4 times per second for 3 seconds.
*Followed by 3 seconds with the safety belt warning light off.
*Once again, the safety belt warning light will flash 4 times per second for 3 seconds.
9. After receiving confirmation, the deactivation/activation procedure is complete.
Step 2 above is where I have a problem; since it appears that a previous owner has DISABLED the seat belt reminding system, I never see the saftey belt warning light on when the key is turned to "on"., so how can I wait for it to turn off??? I've tried waiting two minutes anyhow, then going on with the procedure, but it does not activate after step 8.
Has anyone else ever re-activated their seat belt warning after disabling it? How do you get past step 2 if you have?