Sorry that you weren’t answered sooner but just maybe no one on the site at the time knew a correct answer and didn’t want to look like an @ss telling you something wrong.
When I replaced the Multi-Function Sw’s on two Rangers I found the connector to have loose pins, not staying in the holes, and another vehicle I found a broken latch on the outside of the connector, both problems were intermittent.
To fix the loose pins I used small needle nose pliers and opened up the tabs on the side of the pin and that worked; on the broken latch I used small tie wraps to hold the connector to the sw.
4x4, 5sp, Std Cab, Stepside, E4 Red
4” Lift - Coil-Overs, 6” SkyJacker Leafs - No Blocks (Mistake)
31 Spline FX4 Rear Axle, 4.56s and OX Locker, Hurst Shifter w/Optional Stick and "Made by Grev" alignment adapter