I decided to close all the other for sale postings for my custom emblems and create a (hopefully) more streamlined post here.
First, I have a 4.5" wide White/Black Ford emblem.
This was probably a trunk or tailgate emblem. The back has 3 small posts that can easily be snipped off if needed.
The white background is Krylon Fusion gloss white & the black is Krylon Fusion gloss black.
This one is ready to ship out right now.
There is one small chip in the clear that I didn't notice until I had everything completed, but it's hardly noticeable unless you know where to look.
$20.00 shipped for this White/Black 4.5" emblem.
- - - - - - - -
Next up is a Black/Silver-Chrome emblem.
This one measures 4.5" wide. Has the 3 posts on the back, the 2 larger posts have been used, I just took this one off my trucks grille.
The Ford script is painted with Krylon silver metallic paint, the oval ring is the OEM chrome. The background is painted with Krylon Fusion gloss black.
This emblem has a few small chips & a few blemishes in the Ford script as shown. From an arm's length, you can hardly notice. It's not perfect if you're 6" away from it.
The white specs on the chrome base is just dust, not rust or pitting, the base is in great shape.
Due to the blemishes in this Black/Silver-Chrome, I'm cutting the price to $15.00 shipped.
If this one doesn't sell in a week or so, I'll probably take it back apart, sand it down again & use it for testing colors.
- - - - - - - -
I have a few more 4.5" and 4.75" wide Ford Oval Emblems that I'm starting to mod.
I'll try to get back with everyone who posts or PM's me about a custom emblem ASAP, but I've been a little pre-occupied with some jobs that are taking up way too much of my "Ranger" time lately. I SHOULD be caught back up in a week or so, but I'll keep you informed as to the progress of your emblems (if you've already contacted me).
If my inbox gets full here & your message gets bounced, just post a message here for me to contact you.
For new custom orders, please give me a couple weeks to start.
I MAY have a couple in the works that will be (insert custom color here) background with OEM Ford & Oval chrome. I never know if the chrome will survive the disassembly process so I'm probably going to need a little more for each of these...maybe $25 or so.
So far, I've only got 3 potential candidates for all original chrome out of a dozen or so I've worked on...and one of those just sold.
- - - - - - - -
I'm also working on some "Classic" Ranger XLT emblems like these...
...where I'll be painting the backgrounds and/or the brushed chrome lettering custom colors.
No definite start date on these, just whenever I have time to work on them.
If you'd like a custom set of these, feel free to drop me a message & I'll add you to my list.
- - - - - - -
- The stuff nobody asks about until it's too late -
- These emblems take a poop load of time to mod, on average 10 to 20 hours. I'm definitely not going to retire on the few bucks I make from these.
The emblems generally cost me $7 to $10 each & if I sell & ship one for $20... well... $7 (emblem) + $3 (shipping) + $4 (paint) + $2 (sandpaper) + $1 PayPal fees = I only get $3 for all that work.
- Payments can be sent via my PayPal (PM me), if you dare to send Cash or a Postal Money Order (from the Post Office), feel free... but please don't get mad at me if some jerk steals it in the back room of a postal warehouse somewhere.
- I really hate to ask for $$$ up front, but for custom colors/sizes/etc. I'm going to ask that they be pre-paid (unless we've worked out a trade/swap/deal etc. beforehand).
If something happens & I can't finish your custom emblem(s) I WILL refund your money with my apologies.
Hey $h!T happens sometimes.
- Please include a note with your payment with your RF username, color scheme, size, shipping address & any other info.
- Shipping prices (or FREE shipping) is for the USA only, our Canadian Ranger-Holics may have to help out with a few extra bucks on shipping.
- 1st Class Mail (USPS) & Delivery Confirmation will likely be how I ship emblems, unless you prefer Priority Mail...(or if your stuff weighs too much for 1st Class) in which case Priority Mail will probably be used (again, I might need a few bucks to cover Priority shipping).
- Delivery Confirmation is included with shipping, in case there's a problem it MIGHT help locate a misplaced package.
- Shipping insurance is OPTIONAL, but I can't afford to insure every package unless you don't mind paying the going rate. I've shipped well over 1,000 packages on eVilBay over the years and I've only had 2 that didn't make it to their destination...one person moved & didn't leave a forwarding address, another simply disappeared into thin air never to be seen again.