Originally Posted by Ngabr1
I know exactly what youre talking about because I just did this and had the same problem at first. I just used a manual crafstman staple gun like the ones you described that you have used. Get the smallest staples you can use in it (I used 1/4").
In order to get them to go in you need to apply as much pressure as possible. Tilt the arm rest so the surface youre trying to staple into is on a flat surface and put as much of your body weight into it as you can. If you can get a buddy to help and have him apply some pressure to the back of it aswell all the better. If you apply a ****load of pressure they will go in, trust me. I had to pull out a bunch that didnt penetrate all the way, but all the ones I have in it now are fully into the plastic.
Yeah I've been using the 1/4" ones the whole time, I tried the next size bigger to test them and just wound up with a bunch of staples on the floor lol. The time I was putting some body weight into it but not my max, I read your post and went back out in the garage and put everything I had into it and got them to go in somewhat decent. Not as good as I would prefer but hopefully they should hold for the most part. I was getting a lot that would go sideways too, I probably used about 1/4 of the pack of staples trying to get the stupid thing covered lol. You're lucky too that your armrest is rectangle shaped and not L shaped like mine.
But thanks for the help everyone I got it covered and it looks pretty good. Much better than the stupid rough tweed **** that comes factory.