im glad you see where i am coming from, although i hate to use the word ignorance, but it really is the best for the case. Not knowing is one thing that makes a service job very hard to do. They expect a paint job to consist of everything for a bare minimum price, but there is a point where we are not making money, paying the bills, that sort of thing. Do i think he should have let you know he wasn't going to finish it out, ab-so-freaking-lutely. Do i think he ****ed you over, no. Just miss informed you of what he was going to do, and that is not acceptable (at least for some... ie R&JHRS)
D-Ranged what started as a stock 94 Ranger... Sgt Ex the mall crawlin trail limo
The hood (keep in mind that these are PhotoBucket pics and the original files looked 10X worse, and in person it was 20X worse)
Now the After pictures.
After wet sanding 80% of the truck myself with 1500 grit sandpaper and a sanding block then paying a high end detail shop $325 to wet sand the other 20% and having them buff the whole truck out with a collision grade rubbing compound it looks nice. I think they said it was a 4 stage process.
Now I'm not embarrassed to be seen in public with my truck and I'm not getting the questions like who the f*** painted your truck dude?
And just to the clear up the whole "you get what you pay for" BS, I paid $2100 + a nice red 2001 ARE topper for the "less than par paint job"
I have a black 2004 Ranger XLT 4X4 4-door extended cab with a 4.0 SOHC, 5-speed manual transmisson and 06+ chrome mirrors. #2 A 2004 Vista Blue Ranger XLT 2WD 4-door extended cab with an auto trans, chrome 06+ OEM running boards, 2006 front end, 06 + color keyed mirrors with a 99 cab that has all 2004 and 2007 interior parts.
Last edited by BlackRanger04; 08-20-2011 at 08:26 PM.
hey stop by tomorrow man what all do u need done? just a muffler?? stop by tomorrow or fri before the boss comes back... haha hes gonna be a dick and charge u THRU THE roof ill charge u like 25 buck to slap it on XD how u want it ran? lighting pipes?
its a gibson. had one on a 3.0 and i really liked it, so I finally picked another one up. probably wanting to either come out before the tire or after in factory location or straight out the back. i'd dump it but I also got a polished tip with the muffler so i'll probably use it too.